Sunday, November 19, 2017

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY CAME!


     MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20TH., 2017
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY CAME!

    I got up early Sunday morning. Much earlier
than usual!
    The high wind that had been predicted
showed up late Saturday night. It rocked our
place!
     When the morning rolled around I glanced
outside and spotted a sky filled with very
dark clouds that looked like they were angry
with the earth! I could see tall trees swaying
and bending like I've never seen before.
      I was surprised to see my Miata.
No, I didn't expect it to be blown away. But
I did expect to see the brand new cover I had
installed on Friday. It was there but just
barely!
       Though strapped underneath with an
elastic band the cover was only covering the
hood of the car. Were it not for the strap I
suspect the entire fabric cover would literally
have been gone with the wind!
        I dressed quickly and went outside to
recover my vehicle. Strong as it was the
wind had no chance of blowing me away!
        I nearly stumbled over a garbage can
and a piece of twisted metal I've never
seen before. Maybe it's from Dorothy's
place in Kanas!
         I managed to get the car recovered
in between gusts then found a strap to
which I was able to tie a dumb bell. No,
not me. One of those dumb bell weights
you're suppose to lift to get stronger.
          Either the wind slowed down or
the weight worked because the car stayed
covered throughout the rest of the day.
           Hope we're done blowing in the
wind and that all your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment