Thursday, November 30, 2017

AIRING A HOLIDAY MEMORY!


    FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1ST., 2017
    AIRING A HOLIDAY MEMORY!

    As we welcome December a host of
holiday memories begin to fill our minds.
Most are pleasant although, perhaps,
sentimental.
    That first visit with Santa. Maybe yours.
Maybe your kids or grandkids. That
Christmas wish list. Christmas shopping.
     I've got a host of them too. Tonight
though I thinking back to December of
1959 and a very important office Christmas
party!
     Before you get the wrong idea that
often gets associated with office parties
allow me to point out this was a party I
did not attend! And that's what made it
so special to me!
      I was an Errand Boy at my local
radio station, WAZL in Hazleton.
Most everyone at the station was invited
to attend the Christmas party. The DJ's
pre-recorded their shows that evening
so the music would go on.
      But somebody had to play those
tapes! And, once each half hour, somebody
had to go on-the-air with the station
identification! And that December evening
(the exact date escapes me) I was the guy
who got to do that! It was my first time on
the air!
       Between radio, and television, and with
pauses between jobs here and there,  I've been
on the air somewhere ever since!
       Kind of a Christmas memory that keeps
on giving! Hope you're heard or seen me
somewhere along the way and that all your
NEWS is good!
       

     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment