Monday, November 20, 2017

THE SHROUD OF TOUR-ING!


   TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 21ST., 2017
         THE SHROUD OF TOUR-ING!

     Well I finally gave in Monday. My little
Miata has been covered for the season.
      It's always a tough day. I sort of feel
like I'm surrendering to winter even though
winter hasn't actually showed up.
       I usually extend my touring season as
long as I possibly can but the time has
come to employ the shroud.
       Snow isn't the problem. We've only
had a few flakes and a light morning
coating thus far.
       It's not the cold. True, temperatures
are too low to favor "top down" travel,
but the car has a good heater so one can
drive comfortably even when the thermometer
gets below 40.
       My concern is the road salt the crews
spread over the highways when snow is
expected. The material helps keep the
roads clear. But it easts your car!
       So my touring, at least in the
Miata, will be on hold until the first
good rainfall after the last salt application!
       Hope that will come sooner rather
than later and that all your NEWS is
good!



No comments:

Post a Comment