Wednesday, November 8, 2017

SNOW SHOWS!


   THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9TH., 2017
                SNOW SHOWS!

       Snow flurries showed up around our
area this week. It's always interesting to
see people's reaction to those first few
flakes and, of course, the cold temperatures
that usually come with them.
        For many it's a chance for some
excellent photos as those first flurries
coat the lawns and trees still covered with
colored leaves.
        For many thoughts of Christmas
begin to fill their minds and memories of
holidays past with their families.
        Many are thinking about the ski
season that begins very soon although
I've never been a big fan of speeding
down a mountain on two sticks of wood.
        It's also the time we begin to hear
from those who have abandoned their
hometowns for warmer climates. They're
always happy to boast about temperatures
in the 80's with an occasional photo at
pool side.(That, of course, is from areas
that have either recovered from or managed
to avoid the latest of the storms that
clobbered southern communities far worse
that any snowstorm around here.)
        No question about it, it's cold outside.
But it's 72 degrees in  my living room as
I write and I can duplicate that in my car
if I'm heading out anywhere. Like, for
instance, the pool at the YMCA or at
my daughter's housing development.
It's pretty warm at both of those places
too!
         Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the
warm sunshine as much as most anyone
(as long as it's not constantly above 85
when breathing becomes an issue for me).
         I also enjoy the Spring, Fall, and
Winter. Guess I'm a man for all seasons!
That's especially true with all the family
members I love close by!
          And, if the snow does get deep,
we can make snowmen!
          Hope your mittens are ready and
all your NEWS is good,
         
         
         
       

No comments:

Post a Comment