Sunday, November 12, 2017

FIRST IMPRESSIONS!


  MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13TH., 2017
               FIRST IMPRESSIONS!

     My wife and headed out towards
Binghamton, New York on Sunday to
meet up with my son and his wife,
along with two of our grandkids and
one of their friends,at the Discovery
Center. It's a "hands on" children's
museum where the kids can play and
learn at the same time.
      We need one around here but
that's a story for a future Blog!
       I needed to make a rest stop
along the way and choose the New
York Welcome Center along I 81
North near Kirkland.
       We've stopped there many times
in the past but this was our first since
the facility underwent extensive
renovations.
         Hat's off to the Empire State
for a job well done. This place is
practically a destination in itself!
         There's a huge parking area for
some 76 cars out front (and 29 for
trucks out back.).
          There's an enclosed Dog Park,
an outdoor playground, and picnic
tables.
           Inside you'll find a store
featuring products from New York
State, large restrooms, including two
set up for families, vending machines,
and a Tourist Information Desk.
            They've even got a special
Text telephone for use by those who
are hearing impaired.
              I was sorry I only had to use
the restroom where, by the way, the
Flush button activated a flow of soap
suds to clean the unit before the next
traveler uses it!
               I was really impressed but,
then again, I used to travel a lot with
my Mom and Dad when I was just a
kid. Back in those days you were
lucky to find a gas station that had
restrooms for customers.
               First impressions aren't as
impressive when they come with a
restroom key tied to a brick!
                Have a look at the new
Welcome Center if you're headed
that way. I think you'll like what you
see. Even if it's only the suds!
                Hope all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment