Wednesday, December 12, 2018

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE......IF


     THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13TH., 2018
          IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE.....IF

   Having enjoyed a free showing of "National
Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" at the Dietrich
Theater in Tunkhannock last week I decided
to treat my wife to another free movie this
week! I'm that kind of guy!
    My choice was obvious! Every year the
Dietrich, through its supportive sponsors,
opens its doors to the classic "It's A
Wonderful Life" as a holiday present to
the community. The movie, the popcorn,
and the soda are all free!
      When we first learned of the tradition
a few years back we decided to add the
screening to our Christmas "To Do List!"
       Our first visit didn't turn out quite the
way we expected. There was an extremely
long line and we were very lucky to get
into the theater at all.
         There was no place we could sit
together. An attendant found a seat for
my wife, coincidentally, right next to a
couple of her old friends. I, on the other
hand, found myself seated right next to
my brother-in-law's ex wife and her new
husband. For some reason my seat didn't
seem  especially comfortable that day.
          Having learned my lesson I set out
extra early for the movie this week. I
gave myself an hour and a half for the 50
minute drive so we'd be sure to be able to
find seats together!
          It would seem, however, that I
didn't drive fast enough! True is, I
couldn't drive that fast!
           When we got to the box office
we learned the free movie had been shown
the day before!
              I wish I could have thought fast
enough and announced  we had come
early for next year's showing, but I suspect
the embarrassed look on my face gave me
away immediately!
              My Mom always used to say
It's a wonderful life, if you don't weaken!
I think her actual quote was "It's a great
life if you don't weaken." Either way it
seems to fit the situation!
             Hope you don't weaken and that
all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment