Thursday, December 13, 2018

WELL I'LL BE A MONKEY'S UNCLE!


        FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14TH., 2018
    WELL I'LL BE A MONKEY'S UNCLE!

  Regular readers already know how fascinated
I am with unusual and bizarre "holidays." Most
not know let alone celebrated!. Well I've found
another!
   December 14th is "International Monkey Day!"
   It was created and popularized in 2000 by two
art students at Michigan State University. Their
art work spread the word around the world to the
extent this "holiday" is celebrated in at least 14
countries!
     My most unique experience with monkeys
came a number of years ago when my wife and
I entered a drive through zoo in Canada. Half
way through the place we found our car nearly
over run with Baboons! They climbed all over
the vehicle and left a bit of a mess behind. Our
next stop was a Canadian car wash!
      My wife tells me her sister used to get a
stuffed monkey nearly every year for Christmas.
Once though my wife received one of the
cloth primates. We didn't learn, until this year,
that her sister was always annoyed by that
delivery. She believed the monkey was really
meant for her. So, earlier this year, we got her
one from eBay. She seemed pleased but some
of her friends were wondering why a Senior
Citizen was so happy over a stuffed monkey.
      I never had the pleasure of owning a
monkey, stuffed or otherwise. But I do have
a three-year-old grandson who seems to be
a reasonable facsimile! He even likes
bananas!
      I'm not sure how you're suppose to observe
this "holiday" although Hallmark Cards
describes it as a day when Monkey business is
actually encouraged! Enough said!
      Hope you'll have fun monkeying around
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment