Monday, December 10, 2018

TEE TIME!


    MONDAY, DECEMBER 10TH., 2018
                      TEE TIME!

    I was just a bit confused when my son told
me our Tee Time at the Stone Hedge Country
Club near Tunkhannock.
    I gave up golf many years ago when my
terrible slice had me chasing my ball into the
woods while the other three in our foursome
walked on towards the green.
    Secondly winter, or cold weather, golf never
really appealed to me and a 6pm start in
December seemed to be a bit dark to begin a
game. My son assured me there would be
plenty of light! Talk about an understatement!
     You see the invitation wasn't for a game
of golf but, rather, to see Stone Hedge's 2nd
annual Festival of Lights!
      The entire acreage of the course has been
decked out in thousands and thousands of
beautifully colored Christmas lights and
Holiday displays. Many of the lights feature
seemingly moving characters that enhance
the displays even more.
      Add to that fire pits where visitors can
toast marshmallows, a "train ride" through
a separate trail of lights, the availability of
refreshments, and Santa himself, all ready
to pose with the kids for your own camera
shots!
      I saw a lot of friendly people there
including an old friend from the Lackawanna
County Sheriff's Office who brought his
family for a round of....well....lights!
      It's the best drive through Christmas
lighting display I've ever seen!
      There is a charge, probably to help pay
the electric bill. It's $25 but that's for a whole
car load so I'd suggest filling every seat which
should break it down to $5 or less per person!
       Hope you'll give it a try and that all your
NEWS is good!
















No comments:

Post a Comment