Sunday, December 2, 2018

WHERE'S THE (BUFFALO) BEEF?


    MONDAY, DECEMBER 3RD., 2018
    WHERE'S THE (BUFFALO) BEEF?

    I hate it when the dependable becomes
undependable!
    It happened Sunday when my wife and
I took my 15-year-old grandson to his
favorite shopping venue. Cabela's along
Rt 61 in Berks County.
     I've always enjoyed a trip to that huge
Sporting Goods Store even though my
sporting days are over for the most part.
      I've hesitated more than just once
about 4 miles from the store as we go
through the tiny community of Port Clinton.
       There's a fantastic Peanut and Candy
store there that almost calls your name as
you pass. And just across the street from
that shop you'll find the Port Clinton
Hotel where reasonably priced meals are
served in super large sizes. The food there
is fantastic!
        I've often passed the Hotel just because
I truly enjoy the game meat that's always
been on the grill menu at Cabela's, I've had,
and really enjoyed. Elk burgers but especially
like the Buffalo burgers I've had there.
         On Sunday, however, the menu was
filled with other selections. Angus burgers,
Philly Cheese steaks, Italian sausage, and
Fish and Chips. Have we finally wiped out
those Buffalo herds?
          The server did tell me Wild Bore was
available at the Deli counter. But I had
just waited in line 20 minutes hoping I'd
come out with a Bison burger. I settled
for the sausage.
            Perhaps they just sold out before
I got there and my favorite burgers will
be back. On the other hand I know
where to park near the Port Clinton Hotel!
            Hope I go back soon and that all
your NEWS is good!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment