Saturday, December 22, 2018

TIME TO CHECK YOUR TREE!


  SUNDAY, DECEMBER 23RD., 2018
     TIME TO CHECK YOUR TREE!

  It's December 23rd my friends and time to
check your tree! It's fun to have a look at all
the branches and find things you may never
have seen before!
   Oh! I don't mean your Christmas tree. I'm
talking about your Family tree! You see this
is "Roots Day!"
    It's the perfect time to celebrate your
heritage. Many of you are likely home or
headed home to be with family for the
holidays.
     I can trace my Mom's side of the family
back to the Revolutionary war. And the
Singlet family has been holding reunions
for over 100 years!
     While I don't know much of the actual
history my Dad's grandparents and great
grandparents all hail from the same town
in Italy!
       Genealogy is a big deal these days.
If you really get into it you can find out
a lot of things about your relatives. Of
course that could be a mixed blessing!
         My wife learned she has some ties
to a New York family that ran a "Family."
Now, every now and then, she makes me
an offer I can't refuse!
         So, while you're decorating or just
enjoying your Tannenbaum, give some
thought to those whose roots make your
family tree so sturdy!
          Hope you find some stars on those
branches and that all your NEWS is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment