Thursday, December 12, 2019

A BOY AND HIS DOG.


   FRIDAY, DECEMBER 13TH., 2019
           A BOY AND HIS DOG.

   My 4-year-old Grandson and I spent a
lot of time together Thursday. He likes to
call it his "long day" with grandpa as I
pick him up from pre school earlier than
usual and we do whatever we, mainly he,
feels like doing.
     Perhaps he's watched "Frozen" a bit
too often because he insists that cold
never bothers him anyway and he wanted
to go to the playground.
      We bundled up as best we could and
headed to one of his favorite playgrounds
where we tried most all of the apparatus
then headed to one of the picnic tables
asking, at the same time, if I had any
food.
        I explained as how I did not and
proceeded to cook a pretend hot dog
on a pretend grill.
       That in turn prompted the
question "Do you have hot dogs at
your house?"
        Knowing we did not I suggested
he head towards a Hot Dog Luncheonette
nearby! An invitation that was quickly
and anxiously accepted by the little guy!
         Minutes later we found ourselves
at the Majestic Lunch in Pittston where
we each enjoyed a real hot dog prepared
on a real grill! He wanted to make sure
his came with a bun. I explained that
most are usually served that way and
he was pleased to see that was true.
           I mentioned the episode to my
wife when we picked her up from her
hair dresser a little later and we stopped
at a market and picked up a pack of
franks which became part of Thursday's
supper for my wife, and me, and, yes,
the grandson!
            He takes his with ketchup
while I favor mustard.
             Either way, nothing like a
boy and his dog!
             Hope all your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment