Sunday, December 15, 2019

WEEKENDS AT THE MOVIES!


   MONDAY, DECEMBER 16TH., 2019
       WEEKENDS AT THE MOVIES!

  Old memories filled my mind this week.
They do that a lot around Christmas time.
But these thoughts were not of Santa or
sleigh rides down the side street hill.
   I was thinking of the weekend hours
I spent at any one of several neighborhood
movie theaters just blocks away in my
home town.
    Many of the features stared Western
heroes like Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, or
a host of names that have long since
ridden off into the sunset.
     They were not sophisticated
production filled with special effects.
And, now that I look back, some questions
come to mind.
     I share them with you in this rhyme.

      I'm haunted by some questions.
  Since childhood they've been there.
  Like where do cowboy's bullets go
  when fired in the air?
       And while we're on the subject
  can you please explain to me
  how my favorite hero's 6 gun
  seemed to fire endlessly?
        In most every Western movie
 the bandits wait ahead.
 But they never stopped the stagecoach!
 They all gave chase instead.
         When the rustlers spooked the cattle
  with the ranchers on the spot.
  He always turned the wild stamped
  with just a single shot!
          Ever wonder how that Ranger
  who fought bad guys near and far
  seemed to find space in his saddlebags
  for a finely tuned guitar?
          Still I long for those old movies.
  They always held their course,
  The good guy always won the day
   then rode off on his horse.
          I think we need some "yesteryear"
  cause I'll say this for that.
  You could always tell the honest man!
  He's the one in the white hat!

         Hope all your NEWS is good!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment