Sunday, December 1, 2019

DRIVING MR. D,


    MONDAY, DECEMBER 2ND., 2019
                DRIVING MR. D.

   Today marks the  beginning of "Older
Driver Safety Awareness Week."
    We got a jump on the observance
Saturday night as 8 of us headed to the
annual Pancake & Sausage Dinner at
the Unityville Fire Company.
     Night driving, under certain conditions
like rain and moonless evenings, have
become more difficult for me. Although
the night did not fit those conditions, my
wife and daughter suggested a let my
grandson do the driving since he's got to
log some hours before getting his full
license.
     I reluctantly agreed. My grandson
took the wheel with his dad riding
shotgun while I assumed a position
in the right rear passenger seat.
     The rest of our delegation rode
the second car in our caravan.
     I couldn't see too much from the
back but an occasional lean forward
confirmed, in my own mind, I could
have handled the drive.
     Still, my grandson did a really
good job with no help from me.
Actually the only help I offered was
an observation that I thought we had
just passed the gas station where we
should have turned.
       Turned out I was right and our
already lengthy drive became a half
hour longer that needed,
        I think everyone knows this
"older driver" tries to drive "safely."
Now, perhaps, they'll give me credit
for "awareness"  too!
        Hope all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment