Saturday, December 14, 2019

HOW SWEET IT IS!


   SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15TH., 2019
              HOW SWEET IT IS!

    For those of you who didn't already
know this is National Cupcake Day!
     I'm good with that!
     My grandson has mixed emotions.
He's made it clear he prefers full
sized Birthday cakes at his friend's
parties. If faced with those individual
decorated cupcakes he'll usually, but
reluctantly, lick off the icing.
      Cupcakes have been around for
a long time and they've changed
over the years.
       Winston Churchill is the first
person to suggest that cupcakes should
be frosted. Previously the treats were
made from dried fruit, spices, or gilded
lard, Of course Churchill also blamed
cupcakes for his jowls!
       Always anxious to support
Pennsylvania products I have been
buying Tastykake cupcakes as often
as I could.
       For a long time they were tough
to find outside of eastern Pennsylvania.
When my brother-in-law lived in
California he always bought up a
big supply on return visits.
        Distribution is much wider these
days so folks all over might be joining
me in the celebration today!
        If the grandson stops by I'll give
him one with a heavy coat of icing!
Whether you buy them or bake them
enjoy a cupcake for yourself today!
         Hope all your NEWS is good!






       



No comments:

Post a Comment