Sunday, December 1, 2019

MIDNIGHT AT THE MART!


  SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1ST., 2019
     MIDNIGHT AT THE MART!

   As I write I have just returned from a
Midnight run to WalMart.
   Admittedly the impending storm
provided one of the reasons for my
late night shopping.
    My wife spent the afternoon putting
up our outside Christmas lights which
meant opening the shed. She found the
lights with no trouble . But our search
for either an ice scrapper or a brush
for the car windshields proved fruitless.
I'm sure we have one, or two, or so, And
I am fairly sure they are packed away
safely, somewhere.
    The light set up also made use of
every one of our extension cords leaving
none for our electric snow blower.
     I figured WalMart would have the
needed supplies and no one else in their
right mind would be shopping at midnight.
     Wrong!
      There was no shortage of shoppers.
There was a serious shortage of checkout
clerks. In fact there was one check out
clerk on duty and only 4 of the store's
self check out machines operational.
       It looked for a time that all those
waiting in those two lines might be there
until a new crew of clerks came in next
morning,
       One poor gentleman who was very
busy restocking shelves in the rear of
the store was pressed into action and
opened the very checkout station
next to where I was standing with those
inviting words "I can take someone
here." Not waiting for a formal invitation
I did an immediate left face and rolled
my cart into place.
        Hope the others got out by now and
that all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment