Saturday, December 21, 2019

A WONDERFUL LIFE POSTSCRIPT!


    SUNDAY, DECEMBER 22ND., 2019
  A WONDERFUL LIFE POSTSCRIPT!

   Two weeks ago my wife and I drove to the
Dietrich Theater in Tunkhannock to attend its
annual free showing of the movie "It's A Wonderful
Life.
    I wrote a blog about that great experience and
got a lot of comments from people who
absolutely love that movie and the lesson about
the value of everyone's life that comes with it.
    I love the picture too. I love the actors and
the setting, and especially love seeing it on the
big screen.
    That said, there is one thing about the story
that has always upset me.
     As I thought about it the other night I
felt compelled to write a verse addressing the
issue.
      Those of you who have seen and loved the
movie for years will, I hope, understand.
       If you haven't seen it or just don't know
the story feel free to stop reading now.
       It's A Wonderful Life/ Postscript!

       Hard news gets lost at Christmas time.
       For the most past that's just swell.
       But there's one big story that got missed.
       And I think it's time to tell!

       It's about a bank examiner
       who was rushing through his day
       and hoping he'd get home on time
       to enjoy the holiday.

       He was just about to finish
       when he yelled out " Hold the phone!"
       There's 800 dollars surplus here
       marked Bailey's Building & Loan!

       Seems he'd turned up all that missing cash
       and like leading lambs to slaughter,
       that goof news for Uncle Billy
       was bad for Old man Potter!

       We all know Clarence got his wings
       at the ringing of a bell.
       And now we know ,at that same time,
       Old man Potter got his cell!

       I feel much better now! Hope all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment