Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Extra Added Attractions!

   I showed some video of my recent vacation
to some friends yesterday. It got me to thinking
about the things we bring back from these trips.
   It's always more than we went with!
   Pictures, or in my case videos, are one of the
obvious things. Everyone likes to have photos
of the sights and attractions they've seen along
the way. They'll help stimulate the memories
in the years ahead.
   But there are other mementos as well.
   Pamphlets, for instance. How many times
have you picked up those colorful brochures
of places you visited....or intended to visit....
and find them piled in with your luggage or
maps. And what are the odds you'll even be
able to find them when and if you ever
head back to the same vacation spot?
   Those small bottles of shampoo or
conditioner provided by most motels are
not designed to be shared by future guests
once you've used them. So we usually have
a nice supply to carry along on our next
trip.
    Then there are the things you bring back
you didn't know you had.
    Like the sand I found on the back seat
floor of my car. No problem. And kind of
a neat reminder of a stop at "Diamond
beach."
    A couple of unused Tram Car tickets.
    They'll still be valid next year so we
have an additional reason to make sure we
go back!
     Then there are the Lemonade cups that
allow us to get refills at only $2.50. We
won't throw those away!
      I did find one item that surprised me
after one of our road trips. I try to put
all of my re chargers or AC adapters in
my computer bag when we're vacationing.
      It's important, of course, to make sure
you put everything back before you leave.
      So, when I got home I checked
everything. There was the computer cord,
the cell phone charger, the video camera
charger and the.....hey....what's this?
     Oh oh!  There's one other item.
     So now, I sit here hitting all of the
buttons on a remote control held
together by electrical tape and wonder
in which New England community a
motel TV set is suddenly switching
channels!  Sorry guys!
    Hope you're still able to turn on the
set and that all your NEWS is good!

   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment