Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Shop At Home Network!

  A somewhat unique birthday request
had my wife and I heading for a
popular big box store near Wilkes-
Barre recently.
  One of the grand kids had seen
something there that became our
answer when we asked 'What do you
want for your birthday?'
  Problem was...between the time it
was seen and the time we began our
search....it was gone.
  There was an alternative idea.
  But the second item involved a
particular color.
  While I am not color blind my
wife will insist I'm 'color
impaired!'
  We were looking for lavender.
  I hate to admit it ...but I
had a car that was lavender!
  Before you laugh too loud
let me tell you that it also
had a Corvette engine and a 4-
speed Hurst shifter on the
floor! It was also a convertible!
  OK. It was lavender.
  Every time I came up
with something I though would
fit our gift needs my wife would
tell me I picked out something more
pink or more purple than
lavender!  Come on now! Those
three are all pretty close.
  Anyhow we couldn't find either
item we were looking for. And the
search was further complicated by
the fact my wife kept stopping
to check other items that weren't
on the 'request list.'
  Men may not know lavender. But
generally they go right to where ever
the thing they're looking for should
be...buy it if it's there...and walk
out if it's not!
  We headed to another big box store
and searched, in vein, again.
  Then we were off to a speciality
store that didn't have the 'special'
item we were looking for but told us
they could special order something
like it at a cost that didn't seem
very special to us!
  My wife doesn't like to come
anywhere near the computer so,when
we got home, I 'Goggled' the original
item we wanted and found one at
a third big box store in a nearby
city.
  Score one for the Internet!
  And, yes, the item we found is
lavender!
  I identified the color personally!
  It looked just like myold car.
  Hope you've got your colors
straight and that all your NEWS
is good!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of your hard work! She absolutely LOVES her lavender bean bag chair :)

    ReplyDelete