Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Cow At The Brick!

    I spotted a big cow in town yesterday!
    The large bovine was standing very near
a spot that all of us here in Plains Township
know as "The Brick."
    For years it's been a gathering place for
community events like Santa's arrival and
the annual Little League Parade.
    There were plenty of people gathering
around the big cow too!
    She's a mascot for Turkey Hill Mini
Marts and the company just opened it's
newest outlet....... literally right behind
"The Brick!"
    It replaces a Turkey Hill just a block
away that was so small they could never
have invited the big cow for a visit.
   But the old market lacked more than
just space. It didn't have any gas pumps!
   The new place has lots of space, several
islands with gas pumps and, for the moment
at least, the big cow.
    It also had lots of customers when I drove
by.
    Considering the large number of both
mini marts and gas stations in the area I
wondered why this brand new place was
suddenly so attractive.
    I didn't think it was the big cow!
    Then I saw the sign where they post the
price of gas and that pretty much answered
my question.
    While most surrounding stations were
selling a gallon of regular gas for three
dollars and seventy five cents, the new
place was offering a gallon for three fifty
nine!
   At nearly 20 cents less than competitors
I immediately looked at my gas gauge. It
read "Full." I called my wife and some
good friends. Seems everybody had just
filled their tanks the previous day!
    There must be a little "Murphy's Law"
in that scenario!
    I'll have to use up some gas soon so
 I can fill up at the new place!
   Wonder how long the big cow, or that
"lower price per gallon" will stick around?
   By the way a gallon of milk was $4.19!
   Looks like the "oil guys" are trying to
catch up with the State Milk Marketing
Board!
    Hope your tank is filled with gas, you
fridge is stocked with milk, and that all
your NEWS is good!


  
    
  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment