Friday, February 3, 2012

Oh Say Can You See?

   Although I have been known to complain
about some of our communications technology
I am, none the less, impressed by some of it
too.
   It pretty much depends on how and where
it's being used.
   My buddy can make and receive phone calls
in his truck without every taking his hands off
the steering wheel. That's impressive!
    But while he's driving we're passing people
in other cars who are obviously texting with
only one hand,on the wheel. And you're
wondering how many eyes they're got on the
road!
    Digital technology has made movies look
better than ever, at least in terms of picture
quality. But the same technology lights up
those little cell phone screens that disrupt
some of those movies!
    (I wonder if they're texting the characters
in those cars?)
    Satellites will bring us the Super Bowl
this weekend.
    But, two weeks ago, they brought us
American Idol judge Steven Tyler
"singing" the National Anthem before
an NFL playoff game. If you saw it I
need say no more. (Where are those
'sun spots' when you need them?)
     Traffic cameras will soon be
showing up all over the place so those
who try to sneak through on that
amber light may find themselves on
law enforcement's version of "Candid
Camera!"  
     I'm not sure we'll all appreciate
that digital technology!
    Last evening though I used my
laptop to look through the lens of
a web cam at a spot I visited a few
years ago in Victoria, British Columbia.
    It was trained on the Pacific ocean
and the sun was just setting.
    WOW!
    Hope you're using technology
to enjoy the beauty around you and
that all NEWS is good!
   
   
 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I'll add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)
    Electro-Harmonix Steel Leather Bass Expander

    ReplyDelete