Sunday, February 26, 2012

The ________Is Blowing In The Wind!

   If you filled in the blank in the title line
with the word "answer" you'd be right.
  Of course had you walked with me
yesterday you also could have inserted
the words "branches", "trash," "paper,"
or just about anything else and you'd
be right!
  All the local stations, and "Weather
Bob" on Facebook , had issued High
Wind Warnings for the day. And they
were all right!
   I don't know how fast the wind was
blowing. But several communities
recorded gusts over 40 miles per hour!
    I thing I may have found one of those
gusts!
   What seemed like a steady cool
breeze when I started my tract quickly
turned into a strong gale that had me
dodging twigs,globs of insulation, and
cardboard!
   Fortunately I carry enough ballast to
hold myself down during such gusts.
   My cap almost flew off a few times.
   That's kind of impressive seeing as
I had a set of headphones on top of
the chapeau!
    I half expected to see Dorothy
and Toto flying by as the wind got
stronger and stronger!
    The sound that accompanied the
high winds was the kind of
whistling shrill you'd expect to find
in the sound track from a horror movie
or the storm scene from "The Caine
Mutiny."
    Little ribbons tied to trees as
property markers stood nearly
straight out like the wind socks
you'd find at any airport.
    But, like they say, "It's an ill
wind that doesn't blow some good."
    When I turned around to return
the wind was at my back. I guess
that's what they mean when they
say "May the force be with you."
     With a push like that the
return stroll was like a walk in the park.....
except for the need to dodge some
twigs and trash and such.
      Hope the wind is at your back
and that all your NEWS is good!


1 comment: