Thursday, February 23, 2012

ReinCARnation!

  I can't drive my Chevy to the
levee anymore!
  My old Suburban is gone!
  After the clean out I described in
yesterday's blog I closed a deal to
sell the vehicle to a friend at a
nearby garage.
   I did get to keep some
mementos!
   First, the battery! I just bought
it a couple of months ago and it's
got a guarantee that should keep
me in 12 volts for at least another
year!
  Of course I had to get it out and no
matter how I adjusted my adjustable
wrench it always seemed just a little
too open or a little too closed.
   I finally got both cables off and
tried to lift it out. That's when I found
the other bolt that held the battery
holder that, well you know, holds the
batter down. Good thing I found it!
I was beginning to think I was too weak
to lift the darn thing out!
   Anyhow that piece of  my Suburban
will probably end up in my little Miata.
    I'm not sure where my front "license
plate" will end up. Every time someone in
my family asked what I wanted for my
birthday or Christmas I would always
answer...."Something Neat."  After I
bought the Suburban 9 years ago I
received an artistic "vanity plate"
inscribed with the words "Something
Neat."  I'll undoubtedly use it on another
car!
   My son removed my police scanner
for me. We'll transfer that too. That
way I'll know who's chasing me!
   And, who knows, maybe I'll be
driving the Suburban again someday. In
another form of course!
   My late cameraman and great friend
Bob Dennis used to remind me that,
when it came to cars, "Sooner or later
the 'hook' gets them all."
   They're hauled away, parted out, and
crushed so the metal can be used, in
many cases, to make more cars!
    The way I figure it that's a kind of
reinCARnation!
    Hope you've got "something neat"
to remember and that all your NEWS
is good.


    

1 comment:

  1. so sad....I'd love to have something with 4WD again, but with gas the way it is... oh well, I can dream of better days.

    ReplyDelete