Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Good To The Last Drop!

   I'm just a little uneasy using the
Maxwell House slogan for the title of
today's essay.
   According to the experts over 80%
of Americans drink coffee.
   I am one of the other "nearly" 20%!
   I remember tasting coffee when I
was a kid. I hated it!
   In fact I disliked it so much that,
to this day, I don't even like coffee
flavored candy.
   The only time I ever  "liked" coffee
was when they used to actually grind
the beans in the old A&P Supermarket.
   That process did spread an enjoyable
aroma throughout the store.
   Like most everybody I still need
a daily allowance of caffeine. Mine
usually come from a supply of Diet
Dr. Thunder......the Walmart version
of Diet Dr. Pepper. It's cheaper!
   But back to coffee.
   One of the business places in West
Pittston wrecked by flooding last September
was a Coffee Shop. The building was
actually picked up and tipped by the river
water!
    You had to wonder how anybody could
come back from that kind of damage!
    But, yesterday, I saw some balloons
and a bright home made sign that
asked...."Can you smell the Coffee?"
    And, by gosh, you could!
    The shop, now righted and
sanitized, is back in business!
    Juan Valdez himself would have to
be impressed with such a "come back
spirit!
     In fact a lot of flood victims are still
coming back and many are probably
counting on a couple cups of coffee
to help them keep coming!
     I hope they're all successful and
that all their, and your, NEWS is
good!


    

1 comment:

  1. I miss getting coffee ground for us at the A&P. Used to be one in Hawley. My mom always got Eight O'Clock Coffee ground fresh....they didn't let you grind it yourself, they had to do it for you.

    ReplyDelete