Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Secrets To Survival!

  Before I share today's strange but true
story of...me...I'd like to express my most
sincere thanks to Harold Jenkins of NEPA
Blogs for selecting "No News Is Good
News?" as the Blog of the week! I am
truly honored!
   As I reported in an earlier blog the time
has come for me to part with my
treasured old Chevy Suburban. The car
has served me well carrying family,
friends and cargo through the worse
Mother Nature could throw as us.
   But with 226,000 miles and a 42 gallon
gas tank it has been relegated to a spot
in the back yard where it has been
parked for the better part of a year.
   I started to clean it out yesterday and,
hidden away in it's glove compartment,
I uncovered some secrets to survival.
   They were, in fact, so secret I forgot
they were there. Good thing I didn't
run into an emergency while driving
another car.
    Here  is a partial inventory of the
items I........at one time or another......
felt necessary to carry.....just in case!
    6 to 9 ball point pens. 4 cassette
tapes, including "The Bickersons" and
the hits of Neil Sedaka!  A connector
that goes from the cigarette lighter to
a plug that goes into something (I
don't remember what). A pack of
5 mini cigars (they keep the bugs away
when you're fishing). Several packs of
automotive fuses that fit somewhere
in the vehicle. Two plastic spoons which,
I believe, came from Wendy's (both are
still sealed in their plastic wrappers).A
cigarette lighter that doesn't seem to work.
A little blue Christmas tree shaped air
freshener. Insurance cards (dating back
2 to 4 years). A magnifying glass. An
empty film container. One pair of
children's sized sunglasses. Two packs
of Saltteen crackers (also still sealed
in plastic) Two screwdrivers.  And,
last but not least, a "Survival Kit"
packed in a Sardine Can.
(I have no idea what's actually inside.)
    There were, by the way, no gloves
in the "glove compartment!"
    And, oh, I almost forgot the nose
clip that was in there...although I
know that wasn't mine!
    Still I think you can clearly see  I
was prepared for any eventuality!
   I hope you're prepared too and that
all of your NEWS is good!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, Michelle Hryvnak Davies deserves the credit! She suggested you for last week's show, which was on Valentine's Day. But then we decided that a three-legged dog who blogs was even sweeter, so we bumped you to this week! So please give her the thanks, and a big smooch if you ever run into her!

    ReplyDelete