Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blacked out!

     I wanted to watch the Yankee game Tuesday
night.  But "YES" said  NO!
     So did my Direct TV!
     I enjoy watching baseball and I've been
a Yankee fan as long as I can remember.
    It was the first team my Dad and brother
took me to see in person many, many years
ago.
    I was delighted when the team came up
with its own network (the YES Network) and
happy to know it was one of he channels to
be included in my Direct TV subscription.
   But somewhere along the way the Yanks
made some other deals that would allow
their games to be seen elsewhere from time
to time. One was with what they call "My
9" which, of course, I don't get.
   MLB (Major League Baseball) carries a
few which, of course, I don't get.
   Every so often our local Fox affiliate has
a Yankee game. I get that one and will gladly
watch there....IF...I know it's on. I'll find it
only after I've searched the other alternatives.
   There was a time when I could pick up the
games on local radio. Those times are as far
gone as Mickey Mantle's homers!
    I do get every Yankee game on my SirusXM
Satellite radio. But it's out in the car and it was
about 88 degrees outside at game time. I
probably would have used up a quarter tank of
gas by the time the game was over!
   So, in the end, I found myself watching the
15th or so re-run of "The Patriot" on AMC
while glancing down to my computer from
time to time where  Major League Baseball
dot com was providing a simulated play by
play of the contest complete with
statistics and a pitch by pitch description
of the action.
    I guess it's the computer age version of the
days when announcers like Ronald Reagan
broadcast written reports of the games as though
they were actually there and could see the
players.
    It's better than nothing and cheaper that
sitting in the van for three hours.
    Still, on this night at least, YES struck
out!
    Hope you're safe at home watching what
you want and that all your NEWS is good!














No comments:

Post a Comment