Sunday, July 8, 2012

A "MAN'S" GRILL!

   We celebrated the "4th" on the 7th this year!
   The highlight of our "Independence week" is
the annual family and friends gathering at my
nephew's house.
    It's the closest thing to a formal family
reunion for the DeCosmo clan.
    Every year my nephew and his wife go all
out to host the gathering and, since it's for
friends too, every year the crowd has been
getting a little bigger.
    My nephew is in charge of the grill.
    And, with the guest list growing, I wondered
if a larger grill might be on his wish list.
    Before I could ask.....it had arrived!
    He described it as a "Man's Grill" and, after
seeing it, I'd have to agree.
   Nearly as big as a "Smart Car" this stainless
steel blast furnace features something like
five burners along with a warming unit built
on one side.
   My nephew tells me with all 5 control knobs
 open full you can see the unit from outer space!
    He admits, however, that the unit does
contribute to Global warming!
    All I know is that he, and it, made for a
fantastic culinary experience as a hardy supply
of shrimp, beef tips, and burgers were grilled
to perfection!
     Sitting as close to the unit as possible I
intercepted samples of each to make sure they
were ready for consumption by all of the
guests. I felt it my civic duty!
    The "Man's Grill" ,and my nephew, the chef,
passed the test with flying colors!
    Add the hand made "4th of July greeting
card" made by his daughter and this was, as
some are like to say, as good as it gets!
    Hope you've had your share of grilled
goodies and that all your NEWS is good!











No comments:

Post a Comment