Monday, February 19, 2018

CHERRY PIE DAY!


    TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 20TH., 2018
                CHERRY PIE DAY!

        February 20th is listed as Cherry Pie
Day on the web site holidayinsights.com.
        I'm not sure why this particular date
was selected for the honor. Perhaps there's
a connection with Washington's Birthday.
        I'm thinking somebody figured the
cherries from the tree he allegedly
chopped down ended up in a pie perhaps
baked by him mother.
        I've always enjoyed a good cherry
pie and it is, statistically, the second most
popular pie in the country. Apple pie tops
the list but that's probably because most
people in the country have never tried
"Dad's (or My) Pie generally prepared
by my daughter or grand daughter for
most every family get together throughout
the year.
       It's about a billion calorie confection
based on a graham cracker crust filled with
Eagle Brand condensed milk and a touch
of lemon then chilled to near freezing.
       Years back my Mom would make
one and I remember my brother and I
fighting over who got the last piece.
        Others have come to love it since
then so rather than take any chances I
do my best to get the first, and biggest
piece.
         Since there's no family gathering
scheduled for today perhaps I'll settle
for Cherry pie just to join in the national
"celebration."
         Hope you'll have a slice yourself
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment