Monday, February 5, 2018

HISTORY LESSONS!


   TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 6TH., 2018
            HISTORY LESSONS!

     I always liked History class. Taught as
stories rather than just dates it can be
extremely interesting.
     I thought I had  pretty good grasp of
history from the mid 40's on because I
lived through it. A cold and cough
convinced me I still had a lot to learn!
      Since I was a bit under the weather
and had no place I had to go I did some
searching of available movies on TV.
I guess because I was out of action I
decided to see if I could find a couple
of Action flicks.
      The first was called "The Siege
At Jadotville" about a small group of
157 Irish soldiers assigned to the United
Nations who took on a force of 3,000
rebels and mercenaries in the Congo
in 1961. They battled until their
ammunition and supplies ran out at
which point there were forced to surrender.
        It was exciting especially at the
end when the credits indicated it was
based on a true story! I had never heard
of it but when I checked the story on
line it turned out to be absolutely true.
          Turns out their heroic actions
were buried generally until about a year
or two ago because of politics!
           Next movie that grabbed my
attention was "Defiance" about a group
of Jewish brothers who hid others
fleeing from the Nazis and saved
over a thousand by literally living in
the forests and fighting when they had
to.
             Another exciting adventure and,
as it turns out, another absolutely true
story! More history I never heard about!
              They say truth is stranger than
fiction and I think they're right! I'm
happy more and more of these stories
we never read about seem to be
coming to light in books and motion
pictures.
                Wouldn't it be nice if some
of the adventures coming out of our
own back yard, like the mining industry,
could educate all of us if put on film!
We see Historical markers to mining
disasters all over the area. Most of those
stories produced heroes and villains
that would probably make for great movies!
                  You've got to wonder just how
many stories have been left untold!
                  Hope somebody tells them
before they're forgotten and that all your
NEWS is good!
   
     

1 comment:

  1. Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here.They are located in Nigeria, Ghana Turkey, France and Israel.My name is Mrs.Ramirez Cecilia, I am from Philippines. Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Fast Legitimate Loan Approval he help me with a loan of $78.000 some days ago after been scammed of $19,000 from a woman claiming to be a loan lender from Nigeria but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $78.000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial Email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete