Tuesday, February 20, 2018

PREVIEWING A COMING DISTRACTION!


     WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 21ST., 2018
  PREVIEWING A COMING DISTRACTION!

      My wife and I try to get to the movies as
often as we can and we're quite use to sitting
through the coming attractions. There are so
many these days that our popcorn has usually
been consumed by the time the feature starts!
       There's always a lot of posters for
upcoming movies on display as well but it
was another poster that drew our attention when
we stopped in on Tuesday.
        This one announced Cinemark's new
policy, effective February 22nd, banning bags or
packages (that could be read "purses" in many
cases)  larger than 12" x 12" x 6".
           I can see this being a big concern for
many women customers who carry everything
but a kitchen sink in their hand bags. (Of course
I'm just assuming there's no sink!)
          According to Cinemark the prohibition
is being put in place "to enhance safety and
security for guest and employees."
          I suppose that's an admirable stance
but I must confess to wondering if there
isn't more of a concern about smuggled bags
of potato chips or candy purchased by movie
goers for about a third of theater prices
outside the cinema!
           The theaters also reserve the right to
inspect all bags and packages as customers
enter. Medical and Diaper bags are
excluded. I wonder if they'd question a
Diaper bag if I didn't bring a baby with it?
          Well I guess you could still sneak
a lot of M&M's in. After all they melt in
your mouth, not in your pocket!
          Hope you enjoy the show and that
all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment