Thursday, February 22, 2018

TURNOVER!


    FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23RD., 2018
                  TURNOVER

     Most of us know somebody who spent
the majority or his or her life working at
the same company. That's the way it used
to be!
      I spent 29 years full time at WYOU TV,
and several years working part time there
before that.
      These days the media and apparently
a lot of other businesses have become
revolving doors for workers who either
leave on their own or get tossed out the
door. What's especially amazing is how
fast those doors seem to be spinning!
       In my roll as Producer for the Electric
City Television show I do involves, among
other things, scheduling guests for my weekly
program.
       Earlier this week I tried to reach a
spokesperson for one an area agency I'd
like to have on the program. I began with
an email to the agency's Public Information
Office whom I dealt with last year.
       The following day I received an email
generated automatically which informed me
the individual I was trying to contact had
left the agency. Fortunately her replacement's
name and email were included.
       I rewrote my request and sent it off to
the replacement.
       Today I received an email from another
individual at the agency who told me that
the replacement was no longer there and
that she, the writer, had replaced the replacement!
        All of these changes in about 9 months!
        I am now dealing with the replacement's
replacement in an attempt to reach the person
I want to be on the show. If she hasn't been
replaced!
         Hope the replacement's replacement
doesn't get replaced before I  can get this
guest scheduled........and that all your NEWS
is good!

















name










No comments:

Post a Comment