Wednesday, February 7, 2018

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!


   THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 8TH., 2018
      THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

    Welcome to February 8th. Also known
as "Opera Day!"
     Let me begin by saying in the years I
spent as a DJ before switching to news I
never played any operas on the air. The
closest thing would have been the somber
"chamber music" I played the day President
Kennedy was shot.
     It was with great trepidation, therefore,
that I accepted an unusual assignment from
my boss.
      Roy E. Morgan, who owned WILK
Radio at the time, went on the air himself
from time to time to review local stage
plays and musical performances.  His
reviews were carried in the local paper
as well.
       He had already committed to review
at opera at the Item Temple when he
learned he had to be out of town that
evening. Hence my assignment.
       The only thing I knew about opera
was that my brother could sing most
anything from most any opera. Quite
well by the way!
        So I took him along and asked
for his thoughts to help with my own
observations. He was my phantom!
        I learned a lot that evening. I
learned about the amazing ability of
some of the performers to hit notes
many of the rock stars I liked could never
get near!
       I learned there was actually a pretty
darn good story behind the opera we
watched.
      And I learned how to write a review
opera lovers would understand and non
opera lovers could accept.
       I also learned that it was some
executive at the newspaper who wrote
the headline to my review. It read
"The Barber Of Seville Is Presented
With Skill."
       That provided the final lesson.
Write your own headline!
       Hope that review is buried deep
in the archives.......and that all your
NEWS is good!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here.They are located in Nigeria, Ghana Turkey, France and Israel.My name is Mrs.Ramirez Cecilia, I am from Philippines. Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Fast Legitimate Loan Approval he help me with a loan of $78.000 some days ago after been scammed of $19,000 from a woman claiming to be a loan lender from Nigeria but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $78.000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial Email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete