Saturday, February 24, 2018

UPS TV!


   SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 25TH., 2018
                        UPS TV!

        I remember when we switched from
Direct TV to cable about 3 years ago. It
was, actually, a switch back to cable.
        We had cable from the day we
moved into our home nearly 49 years
ago till we took advantage of a special
offer and tried Direct for a few years.
         Direct was OK except for some
occasional loss of signal during heavy
storms and the fact I couldn't get
Electric City Television on which I do
a weekly program and several feature
pieces.
          When cable came up with its
own special package with TV, wyfi,
and phone it drew us back. We got
high speed internet, caller ID on our
TV screen, and premium channels
like HBO.
           Eventually though the bargain
rates disappeared and the bill got
higher and higher.
           This past week we decided I
use the laptop a lot more than the
television so we decided to switch to
cable's basic package.
            I expected we'd have a cable
rep show up to take our fancy digital
recorder box out and hook up the
basic equipment I needed, Nope!
            The company sent us a large
package, via UPS, containing my
new equipment and  set up instructions
to disconnect my old equipment and
install the new electronics,
            I was then up pack up the old
equipment in the same box and take
it to an UPS store for return to the
cable company.
           The process wasn't exceptionally
hard (except perhaps for programming
the new remote control) but I wondered
where the nice guy was to brought all
that equipment to the house in the first
place and only left when we was sure
everything was working properly.
           I'm toying with the idea of
sending them a bill for a service call
plus mileage for delivering the
equipment to UPS.
            It's all good. I still get my
ECTV channel , the local stations,
and wyfi to pull in some other
features on our smart TV.
            Hope they don't call me out
to hook up other people's sets......and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment