Friday, February 16, 2018

FALLING FOR STYLE!


  SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH., 2018
              FALLING FOR STYLE!

      I've found myself watching a lot of the
Winter Olympic games.
      The athletes have been very impressive
in each and every competition I've seen. I
could never even imagine challenging them.
      I don't skate. I don't ski, although there
was a time when I did a bit of cross country
skiing. My sledding experience was pretty
much limited to taking my Flexible Flyer
down Third Street in Hazleton after a good
snow storm about 63 years ago.
       But while Olympic Gold, Silver, or
Bronze would be out of the question I'm
wondering if there shouldn't be another
category. It would be one in which I might
compete.
       If you've watched at all you know that
even Olympic athletes sometimes take a
spill. Now I've had a lot of experience at
falling and I think I could do it with the
best of them!
       I remember playing Softball at the
original Lackawanna County Stadium
when the surface was made up of some
form of AstroTurf. Hitting the ground
there was pretty much like falling on
concrete! I did it twice in one game!
       Rather than feeling sorry for those
who go down while trying their best
we could have a separate team of judges
awarding points for form and landing.
      There could be a separate medal,
maybe Copper or Tin, and the winners
would be allowed to sit as their award
was presented.
      Maybe I've been too careful with
all that ice we had last week. I could
have been practicing for the 2020
games! I'd probably even be healed
by then!
      Hope you like my idea and that
all your NEWS is good!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment