Saturday, February 10, 2018

HAVE YOU GOT ONE?


   SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 11TH, 2018
           HAVE YOU GOT ONE?

      February 11th is National Inventors
Day!
      Unlike some of the wacky "holidays"
of which I've tried to keep you up to date
this one is official! On February 11, 1983,
U.S. President Ronald Reagan declared this
date to be National Inventors Day
       It also happens to be the birthday of
Thomas Alva Edison who came up with
a couple inventions of his own in his day
       I have invented many things. Unfortunately
I never wrote any of them down so a patent
is probably unlikely.
       I do remember inventing the game
Battleship before I ever saw the board
game of that name. Mine was simply a
series of squares drawn on two pieces of
paper on which each contestant would
draw three ships The opponent would
call out a letter, representing a column,
and a number representing another
column. If your ship was in that lettered
and numbered block you were hit!
       I have heard rumors that other kids
claimed to have some up with the same
idea but none of us got the credit!
       My son and my wife have both
come up with inventions of their own.
My son's is a work in progress My
wife's is safety tucked away in her
mind and only emerges when the
conversation happens to center
around inventions
        So if you've got a brilliant idea
now is the time to write it down and
mail it to yourself Then when some
big company markets your invention
you show up with the unopened
envelope to prove you came up with
the idea first!
         I'm still trying to remember
what my brilliant ideas were. I know
I had a couple.
        Anyway you should celebrate
the day by either inventing something
or turning on an electric light in honor
of Edison.
        Hope your invention is a big
success and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment