Wednesday, March 25, 2020

CURBSIDE KIELBASA


  THURSDAY, MARCH 26TH., 2020
           CURBSIDE KIELBASA

     We're self isolated about as much
as we can be these days. But there are
still things to do and places to go.
      On  Wednesday some banking was
required so business places we've dealt
with over the past month will get the
money they're owed.
       That was easy enough using the
drive up window and wearing some
gloves as I handled the canister that
carried my deposit into the bank.
         Getting gas was also on the
to do list. Here again the gloves
came in handy since I've had about
20 Facebook posts informing me
the virus is being spread at the
gas pumps.
         I encountered a very pleasant
manager inside whose smile and
manner brightened my day.
         I should have sent the postal
teller to see her. We needed stamps
so I stopped at our local post office.
That's where I made the mistake of
asking the teller how she was doing.
        Her version of "Terrible!" was
the most demonstrative I've heard
in a long time! "I hate having to be
here" she added. I said I was sorry,
got my stamps and left.
        That sour encounter might
have dampened the rest of my day.
But one of my daughter threw me a
lifeline!
         She past along a report that
one of our small, family owned,
markets was not only open but was
offering curb pick up service!
         I candidly admit I didn't really
need any groceries. But this place,
Plains Meat Market, specializes in
Kielbasa! And, as most of you know,
kielbasa is one of my personal 5 major
food groups!
        So, wanting to help a local small
business, and hungering for this tasty
meat I phoned in an order immediately
then stopped by to have in handed to
me in my car.
         Even though it was smoked it
did make it home. Just in time for
dinner!
          Hope the postal teller has a
better day tomorrow and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment