Saturday, March 21, 2020

WE'VE ARRIVED!


  SUNDAY MARCH 22ND., 2020
             WE'VE ARRIVED!

    If I'm not mistaken AARP first
approached me about membership
when I turned 50 or 55. I don't
remember exactly which. But I do
remember thinking it was just a
bit early to attain "Senior status."
    On the other had, that tag comes
with a benefit here and there.
    Cheaper insurance rates (vs.
those we paid as teens when we
first got behind the wheel.)
     Most restaurants now offer
a senior menu or, at least, some
specials for seniors. I don't
remember seeing any specific age
noted to identify when one qualifies
for those specials.
      Theaters offer senior discounts
too. And, again, I can't recall if that
movie rate applies from 50 on up,
or if it begins at 65.
       Just about the time I wondered
if I might qualify for certain senior
benefits the term became obsolete!
        Senior Centers, for instance,
have now become "Active Older
Adult Centers."
         When you were in High
School or College there was a very
defined line to identify when one
became a senior.
          In today's society that line
has become blurred.
          It wasn't until Saturday
that my wife and I finally knew we
had arrived at that senior citizen
status.
          That's when, in the midst of
the virus scare, someone not a
member of our family, called to
make sure we were all right!
            That thoughtful individual
made me start thinking about
checking on "the elderly" myself.
There's only one problem. I don't
know too many people older than
me!
            Well, whatever your age,
I hope you're all right and that all
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment