Sunday, March 1, 2020

MOVING MUSEUMS!


  MONDAY, MARCH 2ND., 2020
       MOVING MUSEUMS!

    I like art. Most art anyway.
    I saw a lot of it when my wife and
I hosted a Travelworld tour to Italy a
couple years back.
    One of the stops was at Accademia
Gallery in Florence. There were
beautiful paintings and sculptures
including Michelangelo's David.
     While not quite as impressive
as the art in Italy I was surprised to
to see a huge moving galley right
before my eyes in Yatesville, just
off Route  315 in Luzerne County.
      The canvas, or should I say
canvasses, were boldly displayed
on a long line of railroad boxcars
and gondolas rushing by on the
tracks just ahead of my car.
       One has to be impressed with
the mere size of these paintings
alone! How does one find enough
time to paint the huge multicolored
"murals" that adorn these rail cars.
        And given the fact I noticed
only two cars that did not show
the work of these unknown artists
one must wonder if there is no
security at rail yards throughout
the country. Unless it's the security
guards doing the painting.
          Understand I'm not complaining!
          It's nice to have something to
review or read while waiting for a
hundred car freight train!
           And some of the art work is
pretty good. Nothing like David.
But not so bad.
           Of course there are a few
of poorer quality. I suspect those
artists were run out of town on a
rail!
           Unless you're in a hurry to
get somewhere I hope you'll get a
chance to see one of these moving
museums.....and that all your NEWS
is good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment