Friday, March 20, 2020

YOU CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE!


        SATURDAY, MARCH 21ST., 2020
  YOU CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE!

    Christmas is coming a little late this year
for my old friend in New York State. Oh, our
present  was ready. But he wasn't around during
the holidays so we tucked it aside for our next
visit.
     My wife and I arranged to meet my buddy
at a restaurant just outside Binghamton last
week. We were about 15 miles north of our
house when we realized we had forgotten the
gift. Rather then turn back and throw off our
meeting time we decided to mail the gift to
him. I should have turned around!
     After finding an appropriately sized
mailing envelope I took the present to the
Pittston Post Office to begin its journey to
North Bay, New York, near Syracuse. It's
about a 3 hour drive from Wilkes-Barre.
      I checked the package in with the
post office at 12:49pm in Saint Patrick's
Day. It was shipped out that afternoon at
4:15.
       Next stop on the way north, for some
reason, was due east to Jersey City, New
Jersey! It showed up there on the 19th at
9:33am Wednesday. Less than an hour later
it resumed its trip up north by going, for
some reason, due west, to Pittsburgh! The
postal workers there got it at 2:50pm on
the 19th.
       Pittsburgh processed the gift and,
finally, dispatched it to Syracuse that
same day.
        Now that it's close to its intended
destination my tracking report shows
it's expected to be delivered on Monday
by 8pm!
        I'm guessing that will give them
time to ship it to Ohio or somewhere else
before it gets to my buddy's postal box.
        I suppose 5 days isn't a very long
time to get a package through the mail.
It just seems a little long since I'm three
hours from his house!
        Hope it actually arrives and that
all your NEWS is good. 
   
     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment