Monday, March 23, 2020

WITH FRIENDS LIKE THESE......


    TUESDAY, MARCH 24TH., 2020
      WITH FRIENDS LIKE THESE...

    I've got a lot of Facebook Friends.
Over 4200 at last count! And I see
new requests to join my Friend's list
everyday.
    I probably actually know a hundred
or so. I've accepted many others because
of mutual friends, hometown connections,
and some because of their past connections
as viewers and listeners during my long
radio and television career.
     With so many I'm bound to make a few
bad choices every now and then. You
probably do as well.
       There's some sort of a Friend's virus
going around and it's not the one we're
all fighting against right now
       It begins when someone on your
list sends you a simple message line
asking "How are you doing?" It often
comes from a name you know or
recognize. That's because they've been
hacked.
        After you've replied with something
like "Fine thanks. How about you?" they
invariably ask. "Have you heard the good
news?" Their pitch involves some sort of
:grant" which has netted them thousands
of dollars. Then they ask, "Did you get
yours?"
         Since I am aware of their scam I
had, in the past, simply ended the
message and unfriended the sender.
          Now that I find myself with more
time on my hands I'm enjoying toying
with these scammers.
           I'll ask some questions about a
non existent friend we're supposes to have.
They'll skirt around the issue and try to
steer the conversation back to the grant.
           After I let them go awhile I
explain I don't need the grant money as
I'm now getting a healthy salary for
tying up scammers and their equipment
on my computer so they won't have as
more time for other pigeons!
           Strangely, their end of the
conversation suddenly ends and as
I pull the name up on Facebook I'm
told connections are no longer
possible!
            I should get a grant for all this
good work! Wonder where I can apply!
            Hope you've having some fun
while you're isolated and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment