Saturday, March 28, 2020

SOLITARY-TOGETHER!


   SUNDAY, MARCH 29TH., 2020
          SOLITARY-TOGETHER!

      Saturday marked the first day of
our mandatory stay at home order from
the governor of Pennsylvania.
       With exceptions for "life sustaining
needs" such as groceries and medicines
nothing much has changed from our
voluntary social isolation we've been
observing for the past two weeks.
       My wife and I,  however, made a
special effort to stay inside for the most part.
       That decision was supported, in fact
encouraged, by the downpour of rain
that persisted through most of the day.
        In fact the rain provided a good
portion of the morning entertainment
as we slept late and listened to the
staccato of the drops on the roof.
         Up first,  I also took it upon
myself to prepare a couple eggs for
breakfast. My success is obvious.
The house is still standing!
           Most of the day was marked
by crocheting, my wife handled that,
and trying to ration the series episodes
we've found on Netflix, so as not to
use them all up in one day.
            I did make one break.I went
to the mailbox where a pet supply
store brochure and coupon managed
to make it through.
            Luckley we don't need
anything just now. Our pet fish are
doing well and we've got plenty of
fish food on hand.
             At least we're facing this
solitary together!
              Hope you're well and that
all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment