Thursday, March 19, 2020

ESCAPE!


  FRIDAY, MARCH 20TH., 2020
                ESCAPE!

      Thursday was truing into a very
long day! I usually spend a good part
of it with my little grandson. But he
has the sniffles and rather than chance
passing them off to me his Mom and
Dad decided to keep him home.
       Cabin fever wouldn't have been
so bad with the little guy around. But
since that was not to be I planned an
escape!
       I had to take my wife for a hair
appointment and then pick her up
an hour later. That gave me some
60 minutes to be "at large."
       I used the time to head to my
old hometown to see if it was
surviving these hard times.
       At first I had doubts. I found
the original Victoria's Candy Shop
closed down and dark. Still, there
were signs in the windows boasting
of new locations so, at least, the
chocolates live on.
       There was better news on
East Broad Street where I found
Jimmy's Quick Lunch open, at least
for take outs, and the hot dogs ready
on the grill. I, of course, took a
couple along for the ride.
        With time still left I made a
quick stop at Snape's for a box of
pizza and a bag of tea biscuits!
         I was back in time and with
supper at that! Time well spent!
         Hope you're using yours
well and that all your NEWS is
good!




       

No comments:

Post a Comment