Monday, July 30, 2018

BY THE NUMBERS!


   MONDAY, JULY 30TH., 2018
        BY THE NUMBERS!

   If you've been following my blog you
know we just returned from a great family
vacation week in Wildwood, New Jersey.
   No doubt about it, it was a really was
a great week.
    I did return, however, with the feeling
I had just taken a math test!
    After thinking about it for just a bit I
think I understand why.
     Our apartment was located in what
amounted to a walled community. (No,
somebody else built this one and I have
no idea who payed for it!)
      There were a series of gates on
all four sides of the complex. Some
for cars and others for people walking
in.
       Each had a key pad and each had
a code to make them open. Each
code was different.
       So, depending on whether you
were walking up or driving in you had
to remember your code numbers to
access the property.
        I had to write them down.
Remember "new sets of numbers"
is not my thing and if I didn't check
I'd find myself trying to use the
car gate code for the walk in gate.
Or the other way around.
        One day I decided to use the
bike in the apartment garage to ride
to the boardwalk for breakfast.
         Fortunately the bike had a
lock. Unfortunately it was a
combination lock. More numbers
to remember!
         The gates opened automatically
when leaving (by foot or car) to I
found it more comfortable "going"
than "coming."
         Hopefully I can get all those
numbers out of my head now and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment