Sunday, July 15, 2018

FORE! (MAKE THAT THREE!)


    MONDAY, JULY 16TH., 2018
  FORE! (MAKE THAT THREE!)

   A funny thing happened on the way
to the ice cream stand yesterday.
   My wife spotted a mini golf course
we hadn't visited in quite some time.
She wondered if it was still open and,
if so, if my grandson and one of our
granddaughters would be interested
in playing a round.
     The response was positive so we
pulled in.
     There's a golfing term called
"honors." It usually signifies which
player is going first.
      At this course, however, admission
is done by honors. There's no attendant
so players simply pick from a selection
of putters and different colored golf
balls then place their admission in a
safe box near the equipment.
        Everything started off well and
our group was pretty well matched.
It was hot as we started. Probaby
around 90. But by the 9th hole I
began to realize I was playing with
a handicapp. Not a "shot handicap"
but, rather, an age handicap!
         My stamina is not quite as tough
as the two teens or my wife so I decided
to turn the fore some into a three some
and moved to the air conditioning in
the car.
          Taking the maximum number
of strokes as a penalty on the holes
I skipped may have cost me the round.
But I'll live to play again. And to enjoy
the ice cream!
           Hope you're all up to par in this
heat and humidity and that all your
NEWS is good!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment