Sunday, July 29, 2018

HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN!


      SUNDAY, JULY 29TH., 2018
    HOME AGAIN,HOME AGAIN!

    How is it possible that clocks run so
much faster when you're on vacation?
Anyhow that's the way it seems.
     And why is the road home so much
longer than the one that took us to the
shore? It the same road! Maybe it's up
hill coming back.
      Our week with the family in
Wildwood was pretty darn good! We
expected rain all week but only really
had one day when the beach and pool
were out of the question.
       Evenings were split between
board games (or cards) and the
boardwalk where you can either
enjoy Curley Fries like me or take
a chance of winning a prize worth
about a quarter by playing a game that
cost three bucks!
       All three granddaughters seemed
to favor the water be it beach or pool
but they did very well against the
boys in their annual Go Cart race!
       My one grandson, his friend
and I went fishing as I reported in a
previous blog. I probably could have
put the cost of bait and tackle to better
use by buying us all fish sandwiches
at McDonalds. On the other hand you
can't put a price tag on the time we
spent together on the dock, or at the
beach, or pool, or the evenings when
my little grandson fell asleep next to
me as I read some of the "classics"
(Thomas the Tank) to him on my bed.
        I find myself looking around
for him this evening.
        We're all safely home with
great memories, a lot of photos, and
in some cases, a little bit of sunburn.
         Thanks to Karl for house sitting
for us again. One of these days we'll
have to take him along.
         Hope you've enjoyed the blogs
and photos and that all your NEWS
is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment