Monday, August 19, 2019

ALL MY UNIFORMS!

 I
    MONDAY, AUGUST 19TH., 2019
           ALL MY UNIFORMS!

      I was back in uniform Sunday. But I
wasn't in a game!
      My grandson Ryan is beginning
another season on the Wyoming Warriors
Soccer team and parents and grandparents,
like me, were invited to a "Meet the team"
gathering at the High School.
       In preparation I opened the drawer
housing my Tshirts and retrieved my
green Warriors shirt for the event.
        That's what got me to thinking
about all the "uniforms" I've worn
over the years.
         I had a few of my own from
softball days but that's a whole other
story.
         As the kids grow up and the
grand kids come along you find that
teams help support their efforts by
selling shirts and hats adorned with
their logos.
          Even if you don't have an
official team shirt you find yourself
trying to at least wear a shirt with
the team's colors.
          That posed a problem for us
Sunday because we wanted to stop
to support our granddaughter's mini
football cheering squad before the
"Meet the Soccer Team event" and
we would have had to be quick
change artists to pull that off!
          Next cheering session we'll be
sure to pull out our maroon shirts!
          There's still a Holly Redeemer
Tshirt and sweat shirt in my closet.
I wore them to support another
grandson who played football there
and  Granddaughter who excelled in
Volleyball.
          I've also got an old shirt in
there from a grandson's TBall team.
He's 21 now!
          Our two oldest granddaughters
will be off to college in a week or so.
I don't know if they'll get involved
with sports or not. But, fortunately,
they're heading to the same school so
at worst I'll only need one shirt with
a logo!
           Of course the little ones are
8 and 4 so I suspect I'll eventually
be needing more room in that Tshirt
drawer!
          Hope you're wearing the right
colors and that all your NEWS is
good!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment