Wednesday, August 7, 2019

HE GETS AROUND!


     THURSDAY, AUGUST 8TH., 2019
                 HE GETS AROUND!

    Regular readers of this blog know about
the bear that's been trying to move in to our
mobile home park.
     We used to see him on garbage pick up
day as he did his best to get here before
the trash truck. He's been the winner in that
race on numerous occasions.
       Lately, however, his visits have become
more frequent and not limited to garbage
pick up day. Last week we found him
resting under a Pear tree right across the
street. Next he stood up, apparently trying
to check the fruit. He looked about 7 feet
tall!
       I, and most of my neighbors, believe
he's getting a bit too close for comfort.
       My wife suggested that neither my
water pistol or bb gun are adequate
remedies for bear removal and I tend
to agree. That's why I called the State
Game Commission.
        An operator promised to have an
officer call me and, within a half hour
one did.
         The gentleman was not only
familiar with my situation but with
our bear as well!
          This bruin has been reported in
and around Mill Creek Acres, a housing
development nearby, businesses around
Baltimore Drive, and Geisinger Hospital
in addition to our place.
           According to the officer, the
animal was captured some time ago and
relocated to Carbon County! Seems he
likes it better around here! Guess he
hitched a ride back!
            I was given some tips. Take
away our bird feeder. Include a cap
full of ammonia with our garbage
(and advise neighbors to do the same),
and clean up areas where other
convenient food may have been
found.
          I didn't bother to ask about
the water pistol and I assume the bb
gun is out of the question since it's
not Bear Hunting Season.
          I was told the commission
might reconsider trapping and
relocating if "the problem gets
worse." I suppose that means if he
begins knocking at the door for
something to eat.
           Maybe he'll find a better
food stop although those pears
across the street are beginning to
ripen!
           Hope I can get some of those
before he does...and that all your
NEWS is good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment