Thursday, August 8, 2019

NOT MY USUAL THURSDAY!


    FRIDAY, AUGUST 9TH., 2019
   NOT MY USUAL THURSDAY!

    Thursday is usually my favorite day
of the week. That's the day my wife and
I watch our grandson Anthony for the
whole day. Usually!
     On this particular Thursday
however Anthony and his Mom and
sister are taking a short vacation.
     I decided to use the day to have
my doctor check a sore on my side.
It's been there for awhile but really
started bothering me a couple days
ago when my shorts started rubbing
against it.
      I assume the shorts have been
shrinking in the wash which would
account for "sudden tightness."
      When I noticed some redness
around the area I figured a doctor's
visit was in order to get some antibiotics.
      Not knowing the scientific
nomenclature for my sore I described
it as a "Boo Boo."
.     He, on the other hand, diagnosed it
as an abscess that needed to be lanced.
(That's medical language for being stabbed!.)
      So while I rested on his comfortable
table the doc found a couple long
needles filled with stuff to numb pain
and proceeded to start to  make my Boo
Boo all better. That numbing stuff worked
(pretty well).
      It's a couple days project but other
than a little soreness a full recovery is
predicted. Meanwhile, in order to
keep my belt of the affected area I've
been told to ware my trousers like a
"Rapper from the hood!" How about
Dat, how about dat!"
      Hope Thursdays return to normal
soon and that all your NEWS is good!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment