Thursday, August 1, 2019

THE LAST DAY AT THREE!


    FRIDAY, AUGUST 2ND., 2019
     THE LAST DAY AT THREE!

   My wife and I have been watching our
grandson Anthony most every Thursday
since is Mom's Maternity leave ended.
    That included yesterday, the last day
he spent as a 3-year-old. Today, Anthony
turns four!
      Milestones like that don't really
register that much to the kids themselves.
But they mean a lot to the parents and
grandparents.  We can all be heard
saying "they grow too fast!"
       We spent the day pretty much like
most Thursdays. Some play time here
at home and then a trip to one of the
playgrounds we've been visiting when
the weather allows.
        I remember when we first took
him there, pushing him around in his
stroller and standing close by when
walking was still new to him.
         Yesterday I watched as he ran
around realizing the only way I'd be
able to catch him was on a motor
scooter! He's not only bigger. He's
faster. And I'm slower!
          Thankfully once we got home
and he had his usual ration of Chicken
nuggets we agreed to retire with me to
the "big bed" where his eyes closed
long before the last page of our
story time book!
           I couldn't catch him at the
playground but I was just two steps
behind as his nap began!. 
            Happy Birthday my little
buddy! You have made Thursdays
my favorite day!
            Hope you have a Happy
Birthday and many, many years
of good NEWS!






No comments:

Post a Comment