Thursday, August 22, 2019

WHERE'S MY PUTTER?


  FRIDAY, AUGUST 23RD., 2019
        WHERE'S MY PUTTER?

    I accidentally tuned in ABC Thursday
night just in time for a game show called
"Holey Moley." It is a modern and somewhat
insane version of what we simply used to
call Miniature Golf.
     I played a lot of that game over the
years with friends and family. But it was
never like this!
     Back in the day mini golf was usually
played in an outdoor setting where you
tried to get your golf ball in the hole with
a few strokes as possible.
     The "fairways" were usually made up
of plywood with a thinly covered green
carpet on top. You'd hit the ball through
little model churches or bridges over a
small pool of water. Perhaps you'd face
an obstacle like a turning windmill in
which case you'd have to time your
stroke so the ball went through with out
striking the spinning windmill blades.
      The course improved over the years
although many of the obstacles remained
the same or similar.
      On the TV show, however, the golfers
themselves faced the same kind of obstacles
as our golf balls did!
       I saw golfers trying to run through
huge spinning windmill blades just to
get to their next shot. A few others fell
into a water hazard while trying to get
to their next shot!
        I wasn't especially impressed with
the whole thing until I heard someone
mention thousands of money in Prize
Money!
         The best we used to do was to get
bragging rights for the lowest score!
Thousands of dollars could lure me
back to mini golf! And I used to beat
the windmill blades most of the time!
          So where's my putter? Hope
I find it and that all my, and your, NEWS
is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment