Monday, August 5, 2019

LET'S MAKE A DEAL!


     TUESDAY, AUGUST 6TH., 2019
           LET'S MAKE A DEAL!

  Welcome to "National Bargain Hunting
Week!"
   If this event were listed in the Dictionary
our daughter Missy's's picture would probably
be under it. She may well be Bargain Hunter
Champion of the World!
   But you too can get in on all the action.
There are bargains to be found everywhere.
Especially at this time of the year!
    On most any summer weekend you;ll
find people, sometimes whole neighborhoods.
holding Yard Sales. Hit them early and you've
got the pick of the products always offered at
prices well below that paid when they were
originally purchased.
     Go late and there may be a lot less choice
but the sellers are usually willing to accept
nearly any offer just to clear the yard!
     My wife and I, and the daughter I've
already mentioned, have been hitting a
popular Auction every week and coming
home with some dandy bargains.
     We've picked up whole boxes of this
and that just because we liked one item.
We've paid between 1 and 3 dollars and
often sold the items we didn't want and
made money on our purchase.
      A little more looking reveled there's
an auction within 30 miles almost everyday!
I'm not sure we're quite ready for that!
      Then there's the Flea Markets. We've
found that most of the vendors at those
places are willing to dicker on their
prices so it's up to you to make them an
offer they can't refuse!
       I'm still trying to figure out how all
these yard sale folks, Flea marketeers,
and auctioneers, managed to put stuff
out I didn't know I needed until I saw
it!
       Oh we've made a few mistakes from
time to time. I've got a telescope on my
front porch that's pretty much only good
for a decoration. But the bargains way
far outweighed the blunders. And it's
been fun!
       I;m posting a bit early. There's an
auction today!
        Now it's your turn! Get out there
and look for for some bargains!
        Hope you make some good deals
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment